After all the hard work of delivering toys to all the children in time for Christmas, Santa needs a sweet treat! Nothing says Christmas like milk and cookies, so here is a recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies of all time!
· 1 cup butter, softened
· ½ cup granulated sugar
· 1 cup packed brown sugar
· 2 eggs
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
· Heat oven to 375°F
· Beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla into a large bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and baking soda until well blended. Add in chocolate chips; mix well.
· Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
· Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Place on wire racks to cool completely.
· Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!